Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Spring is in the Air

It's turning out to be a glorious day with the temperature at +7C (45F). I needed only a sweater when I went outside this morning to check on the birds. I think they are enjoying the spring-like conditions as much as I am. We're into the second day of this welcome warm spell, and the forecast calls for more of the same tomorrow. It certainly brings people out to bask in the sunshine.

I took these pictures at the local nature park where there is a viewing tower overlooking the river and the islands. This is a favourite spot for huge numbers of Canada Geese when they return in the spring.



A snapshot of the river. We have to wait till spring to see it come alive again with ducks and geese.



I'm in the viewing tower here. Everything is dripping, and the snow is slowly sliding off the roof.



This was taken a little farther along the path and shows some of the river's islands and the ghostly looking trees in the distance.