Saturday, August 30, 2008

Shorebirds

These pictures were taken about three weeks ago, when our visitors from Toronto were here. We went to this nearby lake. The children loved it. I pointed out the shorebirds to my little three year old granddaughter who was walking along the shore with me. "Where are they, Grandma, I can't see them, where are they," she said as she looked through the binoculars trying to find the birds.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this sandpiper is known as Yellowlegs. I'm not sure whether it's the Greater or Lesser Yellowlegs though.
This is one of the chicks we saw making its way slowly over the rocks to the water.
Here's a zoomed in photo of the same fluffy chick.


Thanks, Misty, for hosting this delightful meme. To join in the fun or view more wonderful camera critters, please click on the badge below.


Camera Critters