Saturday, November 22, 2008

Little Ones

(for better viewing please click on the pictures)
This photo was taken last Saturday during some warm weather that was melting the snow. I could hear it when I went outside. Drip, drip, drip. Dripping from everything, even the blue clothesline.
Little Red Squirrel was over by the sleeping lilac bushes searching. Searching for what? No one knows.
On Wednesday, a flock of twittering birds had gathered in this tree. I couldn't see what kind. They had a short rest, a big discussion and then were gone. But the peaked crests that I see in the photo make me think that they could have been waxwings migrating south. I hope they flew far that day because on Thursday the temperature took a dip.
Pine Grosbeak, male

Ah, here's one, no, two of our winter visitors. But, where is the second one? Funny about the Pine Grosbeaks. I haven't seen any for ages, but on this very chilly day I observed several, both male and female, perched in the trees near the feeders. I'm happy to see them again.



Also for N and E xox