Thursday, June 19, 2008

North, East, South, West

It's surprising how many country roads there are in the Nechako Valley. Exploring them is something that gives me enormous pleasure, and it's one of my little pastimes from spring to fall.

Although this road already has a nice name, I would like to call it Lupine Road because of all the wild lupines growing here. They are the first lupines I've seen this year, and they are the most prominent flower, appearing at various stages of bloom everywhere along this road.

I thought this might make a good Sky Watch photo,
but it really belongs here with the other pictures.
Wild Lupine and Paintbrush
"I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers."
~Claude Monet
This scene caught my eye because of that island
of trees in the freshly tilled field.
Northern Flicker, female, seen flying back and forth
gathering food to feed her family.