Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sky Watch

I had woken up too early and then couldn't get back to sleep. It usually helps if I read a little, but when I passed by the window on my way downstairs and looked out, I saw splashed across the eastern sky the most marvelous colours, and I wanted badly to take a few pictures.


There were too many trees where I was, and it meant I would have to go down the road apiece if I wanted a clearer view. I felt a bit apprehensive. I don't normally go for a walk at five in the morning, and I was hoping that I wouldn't meet any four-legged beasts with big teeth. I wasn't really worried about anything else.

My dog was willing, and off we went.


(for better viewing, please click on picture)
This is one of the pictures I took
on Wednesday morning.
Sunrise: 4:43 a.m.
Photo taken: 4:57 a.m